Friday, April 23, 2010

Tweets & Books

So I spent a good half-hour last night trying to find/sign-in to/update my Twitter account and follow someone other than Anderson Cooper (Channel One Alum! Whattup!). And now I've forgotten what my account name is. Sigh.

Yeah, I couldn't stand Gatsby the first time I read (ahem.. listened to the audiobook of) it. It seemed slow-moving and bogged down in description. Having read it aloud to a class at least 4 times a year the last four years, though, I've come across things I find more meaningful. The kids can't stand all the characterization (and no action! OMG!), but I try to put it in the context of bored, rich party people and the inverse hierarchy of morals to money. I mean, minus explicit sex, isn't that what The Hills and Gossip Girl are about anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment