Wednesday, April 21, 2010

SciFi Goodness

I knew, I was joking!


Yes, I totally remember! I still pull the Starfleet Academy tee out of my closet every so often, but it's not working at my current weight. I'm saving it in case. Remember when I called that my Saturday shirt, though? I wore it all the time there for a while.


Dude, that would be fun! I started looking for conventions in Texas, and there are some cool things that happen. They're more combo conventions with lots of scifi stuff, but that would be cool. And I don't know about celeb appearances at those. I've started to embrace scifi more, and I'm finding that there are more things I really like. LOVE Battlestar Galactica (re-imagining), Lost, Firefly was good, and that has led me to check out Buffy (Joss Whedon), but I haven't jumped off into that. I have some other things lined up, Threshold (Brent Spiner), the Stargate universe, maybe some Babylon 5, we'll see. My list is long!


I'm reading Dune right now, and I'm absolutely amazed. It's very good, and I just read about 10-20 pages at night before I go to sleep. Plan to watch the movie when I'm done. I've always heard of Dune, but I didn't realize that the Star Wars universe is taken from Dune, based on Dune, whatever. Star Wars takes place far in the past, though, right? Dune is far into the future, but that's a small point really. Are the Star Wars humans supposed to be related to us?


What about comic books, though? People who like the movies/TV that I like seem to be really into that, too, and I haven't found an interest yet. Is there something really good that I should start with? Have you read any?


I'm so into entertainment. Is that wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment