Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Television Nerdhood/Greatness

Ok, I haven’t really done Battlestar Galactica yet, but Frankie knows the old one. Love Lost, watched a few episodes of Firefly back when it was on (liked it). I was okay with Buffy, but we both really liked Angel. I remember watching Threshold back in the day. (I had a “wishlist” on my Tivo that recorded anything with Brent Spiner in it.) I watched the occasional Stargate, but remember loving the movie. I know absolutely nothing about Babylon 5, though.

I watched the new Dune a few years ago, but wasn’t too into it. (I was watching it with/for Frankie) I had no idea it was related to Star Wars, but now that I google it, I see that Lucas acknowledged it’s influence on his work. Good to know.

I also don’t know too much about comics. I know about the movies and Frankie fills me in on the connections that are hinted at or behind the scenes in movies. In that vein, though, we really love Chuck. It’s nerd/spy goodness: Chuck embodies a lot of the things that Frankie is/loves. It’s good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment