Friday, April 13, 2012

Master's Programs

I started reading about some master's programs today, and I think I'm more interested in a graduate degree in English than I am in education. I would still want to educate, but the course of study for the English degree excited me more than the education ones. What do you think about one versus the other?

It occurred to me also that if I got a master's in education one day, curriculum appeals to me much more than counseling or administration. Is that a good career path? I think being a principal just looks like too much of what is bad about education and not enough of the wonderful parts! Just a thought in this, only my second year of teaching. That leads to me another thought, that my ideas will likely change as I stay in education longer.

I feel like I have things to say again, so we should start this back up. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment