Friday, May 21, 2010

Re: Brave New World

I'm going to have to get Mr. Gunter on top of this. I teach 1984 & he teaches BNW. He has this quote that he's brought up before regarding their premises (that I'm about to miserably misquote): 1984 is how the things we fear will destroy us and BNW is how the things we love will destroy us. I think that's appropriate.

I saw a movie version of it once, so I'm vaguely aware of the concept. It was New Year's Eve & I think I stayed up way later than anyone else and watched the cheesy movies that were on TV. I knew it was about a dystopian society, but I didn't know it was BNW until the end. I'm pretty sure it had Leonard Nimoy in it. I'll have to IMDB that bad boy.

(Btw, I'm rambling like an idiot because I've been reading research papers & writing a final. Also, I had a nasty cold earlier in the week that I miraculously recovered from, but my head still feels a little bit beaten-about.)

No comments:

Post a Comment